THE SCOOP

  • What's up at the ranch.......

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

A Beautiful Day

Here it is, the last few days of November and we may reach the high 70's!! Early this morning as I let the "babies" out to run and play I didn't even need a jacket as I watched them chase each other around the pasture, all of us enjoying the freshness of the air and watching the the sun rising in the east, it's rays peeking through the few clouds left, letting us know it was going to be a gorgeous day!!

The ducks are on the tank, some of them just swimming around and some sticking their heads into the water and waving their little duck feet in the air hoping to catch a small minnow as it swims by or grabbing some underwater vegetation! As the temperature begins to cool, more ducks will find their way to the tank..they seem to migrate together! We do not allow any hunting on our property and the ducks seem to know this, as there are times we have over 50 swimming, playing and residing here until spring!

I'll be going out to "poop" collect this afternoon...finding just the "right ones" that will look great as a sculpture!! Sometimes those cows look at me as if I'm a nut...but I just smile and tell them to "keeping poopping"!

Ahhhh....the beauty of this day!!!

No comments: