THE SCOOP

  • What's up at the ranch.......

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Sleet and maybe Snow expected....

What's the saying..."If you don't like the weather in Texas just wait a few minutes and it will change?"

Well, a change is coming! We are going from the 70's to possible sleet and snow, just today!! Bad weather is anticipated late this afternoon...and tonight it will drop into the 20's! Now, I know that doesn't sound "horrible" to those in the north who have been having HIGHS in the 20's, but down here....a little sleet and snow and it seems the world stops! LOL

I look out and it seems the cows are a bit restless...they can "feel" weather changes and the herd moves accordingly. During severe cold and/or heavy rain and wind they move behind the tank damn, and the damn and trees protect them from severe weather!

So, we (well I should say my husband) is busy getting hay down for them, taking some hay to our neighbors, getting the pipes wrapped, hoses put up, heat lamp in the well house, etc! Gosh...I'm already tired just thinking about all that activity! :) I will be putting some hay into the "cat house" for my outside cats so they can burrow down tonight and stay warm!! The house and the patio (and we built them a "lean to" that extends out) protects them from the strong north wind and rain, but I just feel better putting some hay into their house for extra insulation!

Collected some great "sculputured" poop yesterday and this morning and have it now drying out in the barn! My husband loves the fact that I've turned one corner of his barn into a "poop" holder area! LMBO!! What can I say....

Will also be doing some "special coating" this afternoon so that I have additional sculptures ready to go when needed!! I hope you have had to the chance to visit the "web page" and see the different sizes and ways our "Cow Turd Sculptures" are done! Of course, we are coming up with new ideas all the time along with suggestions from friends, so if you want something you don't see....just let me know!!

Everyone have a glorious day and remember:

"Laughter is the sweetest music that ever greeted the human ear"

No comments: